Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm too old for this

OK, I realize that most of my friends reading this are not my age (35) but please bare with me.

I've always been the type of person who would rearrange the furniture in the room or move heavy items by myself without a second thought. No problems. Few aches and/or pains, if any.

I know that as I turned 30, the aches and pains were starting to catch up with me but lately it has been ridiculous. I wonder WHAT is wrong with me. I feel like every little thing that I do, I feel it and it doesn't feel good! Even a short bike ride -- I'm feeling it.

So, of course, I don't have the common sense to NOT push myself. I moved in everything (except the couch, washer and dryer) to my apt by myself a year ago. I moved everything (except the above items) out of my apt by myself at the end of July. I moved things into Tina's duplex and then lifted all kinds of things to help load the moving truck. I have been carrying and moving around all kinds of things at school. It's like I barely have a chance to rest and then I do more and more and more.

I haven't been to the chiropractor like I should. I was going once/month and that helped. I like my chiro here but she's always in demand and seems like she can't be inconvenienced to see me on a regular basis (actual quote, "Well, just make an appointment whenever you feel that you need to; I don't think I need to see you on a regular basis."). Yeah. My chiro in Idaho was great and he booked me every month to make sure that I didn't go too long and just 'live with' tension in my neck/shoulders.

I have not been sleeping well -- but what else is new. I have utterly forgotten how EXHAUSTING it is to teach a multi-grade classroom. SNAP! Teaching full time is hard enough. Having time to prepare all summer long is hard enough. But to do it with barely a week in town to prepare -- I'm worn out and feel like I'm running to stand still.

K is still doing great at daycare. She never cried when daddy dropped her off. She gets a little pouty with me but is getting better about going into the room without any drama. She didn't want to leave today (they were playing outside). Good sign.

Todd is still insanely busy at work. Or just insane. It's good to keep him busy or he will drive me CRAZY because he's bored and doesn't know what to do at work all day. No problems like that lately -- I'm so thankful for that.

I'm thankful for the 4th-8th graders at Celebration. They are a SUPER group of kids and seem to get my quirky sense of humor and enjoy being in my class. It's exhausting but I know it's worth it, too.

Night all!

No comments: