Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Different Perspective

Things are busy as usual here. K is slowly adjusting to daycare...as in, today was a little better than yesterday. I think the biggest hurdle is just how tired she is. She napped a little longer today (almost an hour) but she had been up since 6:30 and didn't nap until 12:30! Yikes! They said it took a little while to get her to finally fall asleep. I know sooner or later it will be routine. I pray for sooner.

I brought lemonade and cookies to her teachers this afternoon when I picked her up. Not just because I feel bad that she's having such a hard time and they have to listen to it all -- but because I know what it's like when a new child comes into a room (since there were a few of them like that in my 3 years in the Infant Room at CrossView). I wanted them to feel appreciated so that they'd continue to remain positive about her. I just want them to see the happy, bubbly, outgoing side of her. I'm bringing donuts and juice for her morning teachers because they REALLY have to listen to her wail when she gets dropped off. Sometimes I wish they had a webcam in the room just for my own sanity. I don't have any doubts about the quality of care she's getting -- I just want to reassure myself she's NOT crying. I do call and check on her, but I limit it to once a day. So, we'll see. Perhaps, if all goes alright for the rest of the school year, she will have to go to daycare once or twice a week during the summer so she's not completely OUT of the routine. They do have a 'drop in' program where you can pay by the hour if you call and reserve a spot in advance. I love that. I hope that they don't do away with that!

As we were getting ready this a.m. and I was feeding her breakfast and getting our lunches made, I had Good Morning America turned on and they were promoting an interview with Steven Curtis Chapman. I've always loved his music -- for years and years and have seen him in concert a couple of times. I know I'd read about the tragic accident where his 5 year old daughter was killed but I didn't get to see the interview because we had to leave.

I looked up the interview online. Here is the link. Warning, though, I bawled my eyes out. It definitely gives you a different perspective about life and what a gift children are. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=5519704&page=1

That's all I have for now. Must go work on some more scheduling issues. I love being principal. No, seriously, I love it. I could do this type of thing all day. Most of the teachers have been very positive about my suggestions. We'll see how long it lasts, but I'm grateful they're willing to make some small changes. Yea!

2 comments:

Jodes said...

Happy to hear that you and K are getting along very well. She will in time get down to a routine. Before you know it she will be hamming it up for them too. Like she did for us. She is a peach.

Miss not seeing you guys at all. I bet Todd and Bucky misses you more though. About your favor. I will take care of it tomorrow as well. No problem. That is what friends are for. Even if we are over 2,000 miles away. You can always ask me to do anything for you and I will do it. You know you can count on me for that. We will toast you at our GNO on Friday. I will let you know how Fratellos is. So when you come back to visit Ryan and I can take you guys there. I love restaurants that take reservations. I did an online reservation for us on Friday. Well, have to get some sleep. Will talk to you in the afternoon. I will let you know the progress I have. Love ya sis! ;) :)

Tracy said...

Everything will become normal! Just give it a few weeks.

I am so glad that you are enjoying being principal so much. Administration is a gift of yours!

PS I changed my blog address to auntie-tracy.blogspot.com

Thanks
Tracy