Friday, September 19, 2008

Time to eat, sing and write!

Ok, she just cracks.me.up!! I broke down and bought a new microwave last night. It is awesome. For whatever reason, K is loving the $.88 microwave meals. I used to spend all this time carefully preparing her lunches for daycare -- raviolis or chicken breast, some crackers, fruit, baby carrots or frozen veggies, go-gurt, etc. She wouldn't eat half of it. I ran out of stuff like that to pack this week so I stocked up on some Chicken nugget/Mac & cheese frozen meals... She loves them. Eats everything. I send a cereal bar and/or Go-gurt along with to add some nutrition. I tried a lasagna meal yesterday since I ran out of the Chicken/Mac&Cheese ones, but she didn't like it. So now I'm going to buy 2 of each kind -- one to try at home and one to send to daycare (if she likes it -- if not, I guess that's an easy dinner for me one night...) I'm also going to still send the more 'homemade' meals a few times a week but if she'll eat the frozen meals (and $.88 is way better than $3 for 'hot lunch' there! Which was crackers, cheese, a pickle (!!) and some apple slices last time...) then I'll keep sending them until she decides that she doesn't like them anymore...

So we tested out Spaghetti and meatballs last night... and she loved them...

Since I have been home sick most of today (I subbed from 2-3 p.m. today. 4th grade teacher took my place on the 3rd grade field trip -- she also has a 3rd grader, so it worked out well) I decided to get some work done after school. Kathleen & I went to Perkins for a breakfast-for-supper meal and it was so fun. She was hamming it up and "singing" for everyone.

Then she got down to business and was "writing". My camera phone isn't the greatest but I sure LOVE having one on me at all times. :) So convenient!!!

No comments: