Thursday, December 4, 2008

11 days and counting...

There are 11 days left of school before Christmas break. But who is counting, right? Just when I didn't think life could get any busier or crazier, it is Christmas program time. Yes, already! Since EVERYONE leaves for Christmas to visit extended family, gone are the days of Christmas program on Christmas Eve. But don't worry - I plan to go to the Christmas program on Christmas Eve at St. Paul's (in Luxemburg); despite Todd's protests, it's a fun tradition if you get to CHOOSE to be there (ie I'm not on staff this year...)!

Tonight is the Christmas program for 3, 4 & 5 year olds. Since we have no pastor to read the narration part of the service, I am stepping in. Which meant that I had to get a new dress. The dark blue bridesmaid dress from Heidi's wedding a few years ago (which was the only dress in my closet here!) wasn't going to cut it. I did find a great dress on sale last night. Yes, last night. Talk about cutting it close. I needed a haircut to so I decided to delay until today so it can be cut/styled in time for the program. Yea!

My favorite part of the program isn't part of the program. Our 2nd grade teacher has twin daughters who are a year older than Kathleen. They love to come in my office in the morning this week (their babysitter is the pianist for the Christmas program) because, well, this is where all of K's toys are...so it's fun! They've also been sitting in on all the rehearsals. Their mom said that one of them loves to recite as much as she can remember. One of the Kinders says the line, "Clip-clop, clip-clop... I'm a little donkey... I carried Mary..." and she has been repeating it at home. Even better, she was walking up and down the hall this morning during our devotions saying, "Flip-flop, flip-flop..." Too cute!!

2 comments:

Jodes said...

Sounds like you will have your case of a busy week ahead of you. But I would rather be busy than not. Life bets boring when it isn't busy. have fun at the program and have fun going to St. Paul's Christmas program. They will be happy beyond belief to see you.

Melissa said...

It sounds like a lot of fun and work. And what a joy to chose to go to St. Paul's. The kids will be glad to see you