Thursday, January 22, 2009

Daddy, Boppa, Grandpa Kathy

Hmmm, Kathleen is quite the character. I know, what a shock. When I came back to ID after Christmas/New Year's vacation, I brought back some of our wedding photos. They are on the window sill in the bedroom. Whenever she wakes up in the morning, she wanders into my bedroom as I'm getting ready. Then she looks at the photos and says, "Daddy! Dada! Daddy!" Every once in a while I'll get a "mama!" but mostly it's all about Daddy...

She did talk on the phone tonight with grandma Kathy. Or, "Grandpa" as she calls all the grandmas. I said, "Oh, is that grandpa Kathy?" and she kept saying "yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" Soooo funny. She did manage to call my stepfather 'Boppa' (his nickname that his grandkids gave him) so that was fun for him to hear her saying "happy birthday Boppa".

I'm always shocked what she notices. She'll just burst into "Dada! Mama!" and I know she's noticed one of our wedding pictures. If she says, "Bucky!" she's probably seen a dog or photo of a puppy. She's so funny...

What wasn't so funny was tonight. I was trying to rock her so she'd finally go to sleep. She stoof up on my lap and let go of my hands. Then she'd point at me and say "1...2...no! Monkeys!" She is obsessed with "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" so I know she was trying to do this on my lap. Of course at one ponit she slipped and hit my face/nose with her head. She wasn't fazed but it honestly makes me wonder if I broke my nose! I'm going to my dr tomorrow to check on my blood pressure anyway, so I'll have him check it out while I'm there...

Life is dangerous with a Toddler, I'm telling ya...

No comments: