Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Potty Princess

A few weeks before Christmas, I changed K's diaper and then decided she might as well just take a bath (it was the weekend). I was chuckling that she was standing there completely naked and even said, "Hey! You're naked in the living room! Don't go wee-wee on the carpet!" Sure enough... she went wee-wee on the carpet AND on me (which made me yelp out of sheer shock!)... So I called Todd & we decided that maybe she was ready for a potty chair. I gave her tiny pieces of candy cane to encourage her to sit on the potty, just to get used to it.

Then we went home for Christmas break. Now that we're back, I went to the library and got a "potty" dvd for her. She was fascinated! Now she's not really ready to START using it, but she is signaling to me when she's gone in her diaper and she likes to go to or point to the potty, so she's starting to make the connection. Of course, the dvd shows how you can train newborns to "go wee-wee" on command (uhhh, really?! Why?!) & into a toilet (if you hold them, naturally)...or on the ground (double ugh...)...or into a bowl, etc. Yeah. That was a bit much for me.

So, she's a potty princess right now. Not the Queen of the potty chair yet, but we're working on it.

Oh, and by the way, I got a cute note from a second grader yesterday that said "Your the best princebull ever, Mrs. Jonson." I LOVE IT!!! :)

- Tanya, your favorite "princebull"... ;)

1 comment:

Jodes said...

You are my favorite princebull also. Love you. And to the potty princess. Higs from your favs. Ryan and Jodie. ;)