Thursday, January 22, 2009

The secret to skating...

Yesterday all of the K-6 kids from school went ice skating. I haven't been ice skating for a couple of years. I even bought (cheap) figure skates a few years ago but they just were never that comfy. My brother has suggested over and over again that I try hockey skates. So I decided to give it a try since I needed to rent skates anyway. :) Guess what! They aren't THAT comfy (either) but they ARE like rollerblades and I did manage to skate for 2 hours on them. I made a HUGE mistake -- should've worn long socks but didn't -- so I have some nice blisters, especially on my calves where the 'boot' of the skates rubbed. OH well. It was a GREAT time. :)
Some highlights...(Helping a 1st grader...)
(Almost being knocked over by another 1st grader...)

No comments: