Sunday, July 13, 2008

Goodbye Yellow Room!

Our dining room used to be a yellow color -- "Melted butter", to be technical. It looked really nice with our "eggplant" colored curtains and I loved the color combination. Unfortunately, I know that yellow isn't your usual 'neutral' or popular color, so we set out to paint the room (walls *and* ceiling!) our 'default' neutral color -- Cancun Sand (ivory). Since the yellow was darker than the Cancun Sand, we had to prime the walls first. It took two coats for the yellow to be *mostly* covered. The fumes were awful!

Today I did the children's message at both the 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. and then we started to paint the dining room. It was SO breezy out that we opened the windows and it was just great. The breeze helped us keep the fumes to the minimum and helped the paint dry faster. Two coats later, it looks *SO* nice!!! I think that I may move the ivory curtains from the living room into the dining room. I'd like to put the old round table in there to make the room look even better but I'm not sure we want the "nice" table to be in storage. Decisions, decisions!

Next up: prime (ugh) and paint our bedroom upstairs. That's going to be a BIG job. Then prime and paint over the custom-painted border in K's bedroom (wah! I'm so sad because it's so cute!)... We also have to rearrange some of the furniture around the house and move some of the stuff our to storage yet.

So much to do, so little time! I'm also looking forward to Swimnastics on Mondays and Wednesdays (for the next couple of weeks, anyway!). K had a slight fever tonight, so I'm watching for any signs of a virus. The dr's office wasn't concerned, but I just have to keep an eye on it.

Hard to believe the weekend is already over!

- Tanya

1 comment:

Jodes said...

Can't wait to see the new color of the dining room. I am sure it looks beautiful. Just let me know when you want me to come over and help you paint. I am more than happy to help.

I do know how much of a "ham" K can be. Trust me. I have seen her all wound up at times.