Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thyme for Walking!!











It has been a busy, busy week!

On Thursday, Kathleen went to Hanson's to play with Karen, Melissa and Ava, a little girl 2 months older than Kathleen. Her mom has a new baby at home, so I'm sure it was a nice change of pace for both mom and Ava to have her at Hanson's again. :) Kathleen had met Ava before and had so much fun playing with her! They are literally two peas in a pod!

Since Ava is a great walker (and climber!) Kathleen was motivated to walk more on her own. She's been using the push toy more and more and then letting go to walk for a few steps, but now she is REALLY going! She decided to test out her new skills non-stop this weekend!

We were able to enjoy Chanda's baby shower. We all painted custom-made onesies for Chanda's baby. It was so fun and they turned out so cute! It was great to see great-aunts Marilyn and Janice (and honorary great-aunt Jo), and great-grandma McLeod!

Kathleen loved that auntie Sara was feeding her Skittles while grandma Barb read books to her. Heaven!

We raced over to grandma Kathy's house so we could travel to Parkers Prairie and see great-grandma Barb. Great-uncle Ed and great-aunt Jan were there visiting, so that was an unexpected surprised! She continued to show off her skills in walking. And she decided that, really, she *doesn't* need a nap. Ever.

After walking and playing 'peek-a-boo' at great-grandma's house, she was pretty exhausted. She didn't really want to sleep on the way back to the Twin Cities. She was one tired girl! Really, really, really tired girl!

She slept great when we got to uncle Ken's house. She did wake up at 4 a.m. but decided if she can sleep with mommy & daddy, then she would go back to sleep. Luckily the guest bed at uncle Ken's house is a king-sized sleep number and there was plenty of all 3 of us in there. We never 'co-sleep' with her, so I wasn't sure how any of us would sleep. We were all so tired, it wasn't a problem.

Once we got home today, we decided to make some pizza for supper. I have been growing cilantro, sweet basil and thyme in a porch flower box this summer. I love the cilantro in salsa. I love (!!!!) the sweet basil in just about anything 'Italian'. I wasn't sure about thyme. I guess I never realized what fresh thyme tastes like. It may be my new favorite. Even more than basil. Well, at least they're tied now.

I know that time is quickly running away from me. I am so pleased with how our bedroom looks with the new light blue paint! I think the 4 coats of primer covered the dark green so well that we don't need to put another coat of "Club Soda" blue on. That will be a huge time saver!

This week is all about packing up clothing and some of the items Kathleen & I will need until Todd joins us out in Idaho. A family from church/school has offered to let K & me stay at their home (they have a guest room/bathroom in the basement, it is where Todd & I stayed in June). Since I'm not really bringing any furniture, they wanted me to stay at their home until I find an apt. I'm already feeling very blessed by the generosity of people there!

Once the packing is done, I will being rearranging furniture to "stage" the house so it's more attractive to buyers. I've got a few small changes in mind. I'll try to post some pictures.

Have a wonderful week! - Tanya



1 comment:

Jodes said...

Holy crap! Look at little Peanut go. Man she will be running in no time. Glad you guys had a good time in MN. Will miss you two once you leave. Just keep in touch with email and what not. You really are the sister I never got to have. god has blessed me that way. I am trying not get weepy on you or make you cry. But you will never be replaced. And we will keep in touch. Talk to you this week! If you need anything this week, just let me know. I will see you tomorrow night at East pool.