Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hey! Sit!

What will you hear a lot of around our house? Other than "no"?

"Hey!"

I never realized how much we say that to get Kathleen's attention or to refocus her attention elsewhere. We say it enough that she has started saying "Hey!" every now and then. It's pretty cute and very funny when it catches you off-guard.

Her favorite word the past couple of days?

"Sit!"

She says it over and over and over and over and over again. Especially when she sees Bucky.

Poor Bucky dog. She's so used to 'growling' at the dog whenever she sees him. It's funny (to us) that now she tells him "sit"! I know we say that to him a lot -- when we want him to wait to go outside or when we are ready to give him his medication or a treat...

She is also picking up on and using sign language more and more. She will do the sign for "more" quite often. She is getting better with "milk" and "thank you" (although ty looks an awful lot like blowing kisses... oh well, still cute)!

We went to see "Night at the Museum" at the free movies today with Melissa and Jodie. Then Jodie went to Chipotle for free lunch with us. They are officially opening on Friday so to promote the restaurant, they are giving away free burritos today. YUM!!!!!

- Tanya

2 comments:

Jodes said...

I had a blast today. She is hilarious with what comes out of her mouth. When she says "hey" or "i get it" or "hi". Very cute. Or when he says Kate. She is too cute for words. I just have a blast around her. Eventhough when I come she freaks out big time, and then when she figures out we are all going together. She is all happy and smiles. Man what is it? Do I freak kids out? I don't think so. Seriously she is one crazy chick. Had fun. See you tonight Tanya at swimnastics or water aerobics. Whatever you want to call it. See you then. I think I am going to have to have some major caffeine before then and youth group. I am dragging a$$. But that is ok. I will get reenergized after water aerobics. Talk to you then. I will make sure to have some awesome comments come out of me. With me you never know what you will get.

Tracy said...

Along the lines of "Crazy things kids say ..."

Last time that I babysat for my niece, she was laying on the couch by me and suddenly pointed at me and very firmly stated "Auntie has boobies!" Well, yes I do! :)