Monday, July 21, 2008

Tears of Joy

Well, saying "goodbye" sure is hard. I thought it was hard to say goodbye to (almost) everyone in our young adults group from Good Shepherd a week or so ago... but then I went up to St. Paul's in make a copy of some stuff that will useful for me at Hope... It was so hard to say goodbye to Kristen. I've said it before but it's so true -- working for Kristen was a true highlight of being at St. Paul's... I can only hope to be half as understanding, encouraging and loving as a principal as she has been/is to those of us on her staff. She is awesome!

Her last words to me today were: "There are no mistakes. God has good things planned for you." I know, it's just hard to say good bye.

On my way towards Green Bay, I called Robin. We met at Bay Park square mall. For living so close to each other, we haven't spent nearly enough time together! Her kids were SO excited to see Kathleen. Irelynne couldn't wait to push her in her little umbrella stroller. Brady was all about tickling her as we were walking around. THEN he was *toddler cop*. It was hilarious. The three of them were sitting at a small table in the food court. When K was done eating some pretzel, she got up and wandered 2-3 feet over to the little carousel ride. She's never SEEN anything like that! Brady kept jumping up and running over to her, grabbing her arm and walking her back to her seat. It was SO so so so cute! I just love those kids! They are so cute.

The three of them DID get to ride on the carousel. K had been so excited just to sit in the little boat. She had no idea that it actually MOVED. Once it started, though, it was like she was on drugs -- laughing, smiling... just having a GREAT time. Of course, once it STOPPED, it was the END.Of.The.World!!! Crying, screaming, gnashing of teeth... Oh, drama!!! "Auntie" Robin felt sorry for her so she let them all go on it again... ah, joy. :)

We had to race home to let poor Bucky out. He was so comatose from 3 days at "Tailwaggers" that he didn't even notice we were gone almost all day!

In other news... I *love* Craigslist! (So far, anyway!) Ever since I found out we were moving, I'm been watching and hoping that someone would list a jogging stroller for sale. No luck. Nothing much in Appleton but a LOT to choose from in Minneapolis. Thought maybe I'd have to buy one there while I was driving through. TODAY there was a jogging stroller for sale in Idaho Falls. I emailed and she said she'd hold it for me until I arrive on 7/31. I can't wait! I think it will be a smoother/faster ride that both Kathleen & I will enjoy. We tested them out about a month ago at Baby Depot in Burlington Coat Factory. Love them!

There was a HUGE thunderstorm here this evening... K & I had to pick up something at Walmart and got caught in the rain on the way out to the car. She was giggling in the car and thought it was so much fun! Bucky was in the car, waiting for us, and he decided it was NOT that much fun!
We did see a double rainbowon the way home -- beautiful!!!!!!!!

Oh, before we forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODIE!!!!!

That's all from here.... - Tanya

1 comment:

Jodes said...

Thanks! Good-byes are always hard, but never forever. Remember that. You will keep in touch with everyone you got close to in WI. I know you, and you guys will visit. Just like we will visit you out there.

Remember we will see you again. Just not see each other almost everyday like we have been. So it will be hard to get used to. Especiall me losing my peanut and closest friend I have. Losing a sister to a move sucks, but makes the heart gro fonder. Right? I will miss you guys. See you tonight!