Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Idaho Trip -- Part I

On Monday morning, Kathleen & I left Appleton around 7:30 a.m. to go to Minneapolis. It was so hard to say goodbye to Todd and Bucky. They had to leave a little earlier than usual so that Bucky could go to Tailwaggers (www.tailwaggersddc.com) so he'd be out of the way if there were any showings at the house.
We had a pretty uneventful drive out to Minneapolis. We went through the drive-thru at McDonald's in Stevens Point to pick up some breakfast. I was missing Jodie -- we stopped at McD's once or twice on the way to VBS in Luxemburg in mid-July and she would hand food back to Kathleen while I drove... I'm glad I can at least reach around and reach her carseat (even in the CRV) and K ate pretty well.
We made it to Minneapolis/Bloomington by noon. I'll post some pictures from the bridge crossing into Bloomington, right by Fort Snelling/cementary and by the MSP airport. I never get tired of that sight.
We went to lunch with uncle Ken, grandma Kathy and boppa (my stepfather Dewey) at Joe Sensers. (www.sensers.com -- just for my friends who love to check out menus online. ;) Hee hee hee!) YUMMMMMY!
We went to see grandpa & grandma Laabs so I could pick up one of their old cell phones because mine is completely DEAD. I couldn't figure out how to get it activated....
We went to the Outlet mall in Albertville to meet up with Beth, K's godmother. Beth is excellent at picking out adorable girl clothing -- so K came home with some new overalls, shirts, skirt, bathing suit (it is SO cute) and jammies. Good sales!!
We rushed back to the Twin Cities to meet up with some March mommies (they have kids born in March 2007 also and we post on the iVillage March Muffins message board)... I didn't check my email when I got to town and I didn't have a cell phone... so I went to Panera Bread in the mall and waited. And waited. And waited...
If I had been SMART, I would've brought my laptop into Panera since they have free wifi there... but no, I just waited... and then ended up leaving because I didn't see any mommies with toddlers...
Turns out they'd sent emails (after I'd already left home) that they were meeting NEXT DOOR at TGIFridays! DOH!!! Well, I guess next time we're in town we'll have to meet up with them!!
We ended up going out for supper with Ken and Courtney. We ordered fries for K but she filled up on free popcorn and the taco chips that came with my taco salad. As long as she's eating...
We slept at grandma Kathy's house that night.

No comments: